Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review of Migi Nail Art Pens/Brushes

Hey guys!  So a friend of mine is letting me try out her Migi product and I thought I'd let you all know what I've discovered.



Here's the thing - Migi isn't your typical nail polish.  It doesn't come in a bottle so much as it comes in a plastic tube.  The really neat thing about it is that if you twist off the cap it's a brush, but if you pull off the top, it's a pen! 

That means that you get a nail art pen for every color you buy - it's absolutely a two-for-one deal.

So this product comes in packs of two, four, six, or eight; this particular one was Migi set #101.  There are tons of different sets, some have themes, like the Black Tie set (#251), or the Safari-themed set (#1209). 

Unfortunately, the sets of 8 are fairly expensive (about $25), but you're getting eight brushes and eight pens AND if you register when you buy them, you get free refills!  You just have to pay shipping (about $3).  In total, it's definitely worth the face price.  You can also get replacement brushes and tips for the price of shipping!

Anyway, on with the review!  I used this nondescript blue color shown to the right.  Here's the final product.

I had my doubts when I tried this, but I was happily corrected!  This stuff coats like a charm, evenly and it dries smoothly with no streaks.  It's pretty matte, but it has just a little shine to it.  Plus, it doesn't take long to dry at all.  I was able to drag my fingers along a nail in about 15 minutes.  The colors are very bright and you don't even really NEED a second coat.  I used two coats because that's what I'm used to, and I can go back and cover an area if I missed it the first time around. Also, something unexpected that I discovered that is a nice addition - it's easy to take off with nail polish remover!  That's not something I usually look for (or will get the chance to tell you because hopefully I won't be taking off my manicure before reviewing or at least showing you!), but it's definitely nice when it comes time to take it off.

On the down side, it IS fairly expensive, but you get a lot for your money.  The tubes are relatively small compared to a normal bottle of polish, so you'll end up paying a bit for shipping on refills if you use it a lot.  Each color comes in 0.16 fl oz or 4.8 ml.  A typical bottle of polish comes in about 0.5 fl oz or 15 ml. 

However, this stuff is very cool, and in my opinion worth the price.

I'm giving it a 4.5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment