Sunday, April 8, 2012

Gradient Nails

Hey everybody!
Firstly, I'm going to apologize for the quality of the pictures in this post.  I need better lighting, a better camera, or both.  Anyway, this week I'm working with a very subtle red gradient.  



Like I said, very subtle.  You probably wouldn't notice it at first in person.

Here's what I used color-wise:



Sally Hansen's No Chip Base Coat, Essie's A List, O.P.I.'s I'm Not Really A Waitress (which was a gift from someone - thank you! It works great!), Savvy's Ruby Slippers, Nicole's Razzle Dazzler, and Finger Paints's Top Coat.

Sometimes I just have to chuckle at how silly some of the names of these colors are...

The fun (and sometimes challenging) thing about gradient nails is that you're basically painting your nails backwards.  You start at the tips and move toward the cuticles.  Should I put a tutorial up?  Give me your thoughts!  That sounded a little passive aggressive... Let me know what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment