Wednesday, April 4, 2012

For Rachael

Hey everybody!  This is what I'm currently wearing; I don't know what you'd call this, but I guess I should go into some slight back story.
I am saddened to say that there has been another death at my school.  This is the second one in a span of about six months.  I had class with this particular student - we worked together on a project.  She was a creative spirit, and always very kind to me.  I liked her.  The school is definitely suffering a great loss.  So these are my commemorative nails, if you will.

It's a very simple design.  I used Revlon's Sequin and Kiss's black striper.  I guess I like it because it's rather chaotic, and yet there's simplistic beauty to it, just like there is in life - chaos and beauty.  


I would also like to add that I hope you know that each and every one of you is loved greatly by family, friends, strangers, your children, whomever.  You are all very important to many, many people, and don't forget it!


I will leave you with this quote from William Shakespeare: "Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, for wise men say it is the wisest course."

Rest in peace, Rachael.

No comments:

Post a Comment