Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Today's Haul plus a totally interesting story about buying it!

A total of $4!  These are fun colors - I'm a fan.  
From left to right we have Wet n Wild (which should be Wet 'n' Wild, grammatically) Sparked, Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope, and Pure Ice's Wild Thing.

Story time!
So you guys know I love my Pure Ice.  Some of you might have even heard me talking about Wild Thing before I got it.  I believe that Pure Ice is one of those brands that is sold exclusively at Walmart.  The "local" Walmart is 12 miles away from my house and not actually in the city limits because it's against some law or whatever.  So I found this Wild Thing at Walmart; it was the last bottle.  But I was on a mission for something specific and had limited cash, so I left without it.

The next time I went back to the Walmart I had my eye on this color - I wasn't going to leave without it this time.  I also needed to pick up some groceries, so I was in the freezer section on a Sunday afternoon.  The aisle is packed to the point that I can't get through to find what I'm looking for so I decide just to run through the middle and get out of the aisle and come back later.  When I finally make it to the other side, there was a Walmart employee with one of the carts full of boxes - he was unloading stuff.  He's young, probably mid-twenties, tall, buff, dark, kinda looks like Jemaine Clement.
                                                                      (Jemaine)

I was going to walk past him, but he said, "Lots of traffic today, huh," and chuckled.  I chuckled and said "Yeah!  And on a Sunday, too!"  He said "Yeah, seems kinda strange.  I don't know why we're so busy today."  I started to keep walking, but he stopped me and said, "So how are you?"  Uhh... Awkward I thought.  But I answered politely: "I'm alright, thanks, how are you?"  He said that he was fine and asked me where I was from.  I told him that I came from Indiana, and he said that he was from Texas.  Of course, from then on I felt inclined to walk away, but I was being nice.  He asked me what school I went to, so I told him, and he asked me my major.  Seeing as how I am still in high school, I figured that his move must had been recent.  I laughed and told him that I was 18 and a senior in high school - this fact apparently blew his mind.  He kept up friendly conversation for a bit and I finally managed to end the conversation after an awkward silence.  When I started walking away, I hear "Hey!"  and I turn back around.  "My name's Rob."  "Hi, Rob, I'm Eva," I responded.  "Eva, that's a nice name."  I giggled nervously and said "thanks, it was nice to meet you."

I decided to go back to find my Wild Thing before actually getting what I needed from the freezer section, so I went over to the nail polish section on the other side of the store, and who should show up but Rob?  I quickly realized that he wasn't in the freezer section anymore, so I hustled back in that direction, having been defeated by Pure Ice as they were out of Wild Thing :(  I get to the freezer section, and Rob has beaten me there!  How, I'm not exactly sure, but to ensure a solitary shopping experience I called my mom and loudly repeated her name while asking her something about what I was looking for.  "Mom!  I don't see them. MOM what was the brand name? MOM do you want this?"  

I paid for my stuff and zipped out to my car, buckled up, and flew away.  When I looked at myself in the mirror, I realized that I had no make up on, I hadn't touched my hair, and I was wearing dirty clothes.  Actually, I looked a lot like this:



                                   (Will Ferrell as a nude model with Hep A, two B's and a C)

Looking back, I feel kinda bad for being so curt with Rob.  He was probably new to town and looking to make a friend, so Rob if you're out there, I'm sorry!  And maybe I'll see you at Walmart again sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment