Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tip of the Week

Hey guys, I know it's only Wednesday, but my schedule is pretty full for the rest of the week/weekend, so I figured I would go ahead and post this week's tip.  

Do you ever get frustrated with how long top coats take to dry?  Ever thought your top coat was dry but woke up the next morning and there were imprints of your sheets on your nails?  To stop this, after putting on your top coat, put your hands in a bowl of ice water.  I wish I could tell you what this does chemically to help dry those pesky top coats, but I have no idea.  I do know that the cold temperature will set the color more quickly (this is why some people put their hands in front of fans to dry their nails). It works like a charm!

Just get a bowl big enough to put your hands in, put some cold water in it, and then throw in some ice.  Hold your hands in for as long as you can, swish the water around, take your fingers out to give them a rest for a while, put them back in.  For real.  It works. 

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment