Sunday, March 18, 2012

Second Attempt at Water Marbling



This time I used Sinful Colors's Snow Me White, Essie's Play Date, Sally Hansen's (GASP!  I know I said I had boycotted this, but I thought I would give it one last shot) Plum Power, and Rimmel's Purple Rain.
This is probably my favorite mani thus far, but don't worry, I promise I will start doing something other than water marbling soon!  It does, unfortunately, take more polish than I would like, and if I keep doing it I'll run out of colors!  I'll put up a tutorial on how to do water marbling in the future, and that will probably be my last post about it for a while.  

Usually I don't like to use Sinful Colors because it's so cheap and you have to put on a hundred coats before you see a change in the color, but this Snow Me White is working really well.  I used it as my base coat for this mani as well.  Generally, Essie is pretty good, but you would expect it to be if you're paying $8 per bottle.  It coats pretty evenly, which is something that is super obnoxious if it doesn't.  Like I said, I've boycotted all of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Line because I've had horrible trouble with it globbing up in the bottle and not thinning out with nail polish remover.  It's also pretty hard to get to cover evenly.  BUT, as you can see, I got this bottle for under 2 bucks, so I figured I'd give it a chance.  I may even use it in the future.  I've not had a chance to try my Rimmel by itself yet, but it's proving itself worthy with this mani!  That was also on clearance.

P.S. sorry for the mess again!

No comments:

Post a Comment