Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Review of Pure Ice China Girl

So for my first review I thought I'd show you a color I've been dying to try.  Naturally, I had to listen to David Bowie while I did this.  I think I've mentioned before that Pure Ice may be my favorite brand, and here's why!

  • Firstly, I love the metallic sheen of their colors. There is something so appealing about the way they shine and reflect light, and it really sets them apart from other brands.
  • Secondly, it coats evenly.  That's a lovely addition.  
  • You also don't even really need more than one coat, depending on the color I suppose.  This time I used two coats, but I didn't really need to.  
  • Next, it dries relatively quickly!  These took about fifteen minutes to dry, which is far superior to some brands (coughSallyHansenXtremeWear) that can take up to a few hours to dry completely.  Sheesh.
  • IT'S CHEAP!  One bottle is only $1.97 at Walmart.  That's a clearance price on most other brands.  It is absolutely worth two bucks.
HOWEVER.  There are a couple cons that I wish weren't there:
  • It leaves stroke marks.  You can pretty much see where the brush was with each stroke.  A minor aggravation, but still annoying.  Sometimes putting on a topcoat can help minimize them.
  • It doesn't take much to make it bubble.  Seriously, bubbles in a mani are so infuriating.  It's one of those little things that can make the whole finger look bad.  
But really, that's about it.  The pros definitely outweigh the cons.  Pure Ice is affordable and it looks great!  I'm going to give it.... hmmm... 4 out of 5 stars!
(Again, pre-cleanup)

No comments:

Post a Comment